Nick : Narrator
- non-judgemental – “Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,” he told me, “just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.” pg 1
- People Frequently open up to him and he is bored of this and thinks its shallow. –Most of the confidences were unsoughtfrequently I have feigned sleep, preoccupation, or a hostile levity when I realized by some unmistakable sign that an intimate revelation was quivering on the horizon; pg1
“If personality is an unbroken series of successful gestures, then there was something gorgeous about him.”
- What your like, How you act, Your morals/values , How people view you as a human being.
- Something continuous, Things that come one after another linking together.
- Constant, Whole
- Movement , “make a gesture towards someone”
- unbroken success – normal people make mistakes